Taking a Site Live
If you have any questions about this process, do not hesitate to contact email@example.com.
To take a site live using HiFi, you will need to point your domain and several subdomains to the HiFi server IP address, which is 184.108.40.206. Once you have done this successfully, www.yourdomain.com will redirect you to youraccount.gethifi.com. Once that is working, we suggesting making www.yourdomain.com your Primary Domain on the HiFi Settings page.
There are two ways to do this:
1) Point an A Record for the following domains and subdomains to 220.127.116.11
This ensures that the following is all pointed to the correct server:
- Your website content (www.)
- The CMS for your website content (edit.)
- The styling for your website content (ui.)
- The files associated with your website content (files.)
2) Point an A Record for www.yourdomain.com to 18.104.22.168 and a catch-all *A Record to 22.214.171.124.
The *A Record ensures that ALL subdomains point to 126.96.36.199. Note: not all DNS providers have the option of setting up a *A Record
Once the A Records have been set up, allow a couple hours for the DNS to propagate.