Taking a Site Live
If you have any questions about this process, do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To take a site live using HiFi, you will need to point your domain and several subdomains to the HiFi server IP address, which is 126.96.36.199. Once you have done this successfully, www.yourdomain.com will redirect you to youraccount.gethifi.com. Once that is working, we suggesting making www.yourdomain.com your Primary Domain on the HiFi Settings page.
There are two ways to do this:
1) The preferred option:
- Chose a primary URL that has a subdomain (i.e. www.domain.com over domain.com)
- Create a default/@ A record that points to HiFi's IP address (188.8.131.52)
- Create CNAME records for * and *.www that point to 'gethifi.com'
- Delete any existing records (CNAME or A) for files, ui or edit subdomains
2) Alternatively, point an A Record for the following domains and subdomains to 184.108.40.206
This ensures that the following is all pointed to the correct server:
- Your website content (www.)
- The CMS for your website content (edit.)
- The styling for your website content (ui.)
- The files associated with your website content (files.)
Once the A Records have been set up, allow a couple hours for the DNS to propagate.